Friday 15 February 2013

Take me to the Ocean

Take me to the Ocean

I absolutely love the beach; the sea, the sand, the waves, the wind, the sun...
I found this poem in the March Edition of Salt Water Girl Magazine and thought I'd share it with you.

Peace by Amey Meyer

Sometimes when the drama
Gets a bit too much
And the world won't take a break
From its ever-present rush
There are too many voices
Inside my head and out
All desperate to be heard
That's why they scream and shout

I take a step away from the crowd
But their voices carry through the wind
Jumbled, chaos, loud.
Run, run, faster and faster
Away from all man-made disaster

To a quiet, peaceful beach
I let my hair flow wild
And as my toes dig in the sand
I find just like a child

I dive headfirst into the sea
The cold gives me release
And as I stare into its turquoise glimmer
I am overcome with peace


No comments:

Post a Comment